Getting started is exciting, but can be overwhelming as well. Navigate through this portion of the website to get access to tangible steps you can take throughout your first year in your new role and possibly with RRISD to help you feel connected and get timely information. Please remember to consistently check in with your supervisor to ensure that you have completed all of the necessary training and requirements for your position
Information About Your New Employee Orientation Session
- Check for the clearance e-mail from your Human Resource Services assistant for your New Employee Orientation date. This will include what documents you will need to bring to the session.
- While district staff will go over this with you at your New Employee Orientation, read about Benefits Information here.
- At this New Employee Orientation session, staff will also address your picture ID and provide you with information about how to log-in to Eduphoria (our Professional Development application).
Schedule, Job Duties, and Expectations
- Reach out to your Supervisor to determine your first week’s schedule and any needed logistics for your first day.
- Review hours and days of work on your Service Calendar. Learn about procedures in Access Central for overtime, use of vacation, sick time, holidays, and any flexible work procedures.
- Visit your department’s webpage by searching on our A-Z Index page to learn as much about your team and department as possible.
If You Are New to RRISD, Get to Know More About Your New Organization
- Watch this short video about our District Structure here in RRISD (7 min. 49 sec.)
- Get to know the faces of the RRISD Board of Trustees and the Superintendent, Dr. Flores.
- Check out the current Academic Calendar for RRISD.
- Learn about how RRISD determines Academic Performance in their schools.