Welcome to the RRISD Central Administration Team!
Whether your new leadership role is a move within the District to join our Central Administration Team or whether you are new to Round Rock ISD, there is much to learn in your new role. Our Onboarding Framework will help you transition more successfully by avoiding the pitfalls that derail so many leaders going through the change.
VIDEO TRAINING FOR NEW CENTRAL ADMINISTRATORS- “Navigating the New Hire Onboarding Site” (9.5 minutes) – Reviews the use of this New Hire Onboarding Site for Central Administrators
Supports in Place for You
What is Happening Behind the Scenes? (overview of things that begin to happen behind the scenes by multiple people to help you transition into your new role)
Before You Arrive
See information on things Before You Arrive that are useful in the earliest days. Find out more about your New Hire Orientation Session here.
Central Admin. Directory (Found on your Computer Desktop and is searchable and sortable. It also contains staff pictures that will help you get to know everyone.)
Leadership Weekly (This is an email communication sent out weekly to all campus and district administrators with important timely information and due dates.)
Intranet Site (Found on your Computer Desktop. It contains many links organized by area, and past Leadership Weekly communications can be found here.)
Important Things to Review
- Get to know what kinds of Professional Development our District has to offer for leaders especially through our Empower Modules program (always being updated) and the District Leader’s Guide To Leadership Development (for new Area Sups., Area Superintendent’s Guide to Leadership Development).
- Learn about the Decision-Making Model we use here in RRISD.
- Read the 2019-20 Employee Handbook.
- Learn more about the RRISD Personnel Policies.
Questions? Contact us!
If You Are New to RRISD, Get to Know More About Your New Organization
- Follow RRISD Twitter, where the students, employees, and the community learn real-time information about the district.
- Learn more about RRISD’s Strategic Plan.
- Browse the Superintendent’s Friday Focus notes. He sends these out every Friday.
- Learn about our culture of how we believe in building leadership in all members of our RRISD Family.
- Watch this video on the Deep Dive Into Our Leadership Values (19 min. 40 sec.). Having a strong understanding of the detailed version of the RRISD Leadership Values is not only crucial for your own development, but also in your work developing others.
- Attend or watch the RRISD Board Meetings.
- Curious about the history of RRISD? Browse the Round Rock ISD History site.
- Learn more about the Round Rock ISD Partners in Education Foundation.
- Learn more about the Round Rock ISD Council of PTAs.